Hi All,

DoC requirements of the EMC Directive are only a general statement of
requirement.

The actual implementing legislation is that of each of the member
countries.

In the UK, the implementing legislation is the "UK EMC Regulations"
Statutory Instrument No: 2372 1992.

What I think this says (UK law is only an interpretation until a Judge
rules on the interpretation!) is

The manufacturer (or his agent/ representative) resident on UK soil is
responsible for making the DoC.
In this instance, Me (USA) make something that is marketed in the UK
by Me (UK)- then it is Me(UK) that must make and hold the DoC.

If the product is imported by someone who is not employed or
contracted to the original manufacturer (other than to receive and pay
for the manufacturers product), then it is the importer who must take
responsibility and make the DoC.

It might be (technically) different in other countries but the
fundamental should be the same - that is the EU Authorities need an
identifiable individual to sling in jail if the need arises!

I hope this helps

Tim

My mind is my own - blame no other for my thoughts.