John,

Yes.  I've done it.  But the info is dated a little.

First, the plastic has to have it's own UL rating.
For SELV this might involve V2 min.
Not sure about that.

Then, the mold house has to have it's own UL
approval to do the molding.

Then, the conductive coating must have it's own
UL approval as an approved material.

Then, the marriage of the coating and the coating
has to have yet another UL approval.

Then, the vendor who does the application of the
coating to the plastic has to have yet another UL
approval.

Depending upon the coating being an oil base or
water base, you'll get different ohm readings.
The oil will be higher in general.

Then, within the types of coating, be it oil or water
based, there's differences in ohmage as well.  I got
nickel which was good for 0.5 ohm with a 7mil layer
I believe.  You can add more layers to lower the
resistance.  Silver and copper coating will be lower
in resistance for the same thickness.

Then, the conductive coating can't be used as
a primary ground.

Conductive coatings are also good for only one
time use essentially.  Removing and installing a
cover several times with a conductive coating will
jeopardize the integrity of the coating.  It'll flake or
simply wear off.  So, it's best to use it with the
understanding that once the cover is installed and
fit in place, then it stays that way.

I had very good results with it.  It was getting
through the safety aspects that proved difficult.
This directly impacts the search effort for a
vendor to use up front before you even start
using it.

Make sure to consult your safety approvals engineer
at whatever NRTL you're using to fill you in on all
the details specific to safety.

Regards,  Doug McKean