        From:  John Juhasz [SMTP:jjuh...@fiberoptions.com]
        Sent:  Monday, August 20, 2001 2:30 PM
        To:  'emc-p...@ieee.org'
        Subject:  Conductive Coatings

        Greetings . . .

        Beginning to consider conductive coatings for EMC shielding.
        To be used inside a plastic cover (material as yet unknown) in
        a low power/voltage (SELV) application.
        This is unfamiliar territory.

        I'm sure someone on this listserv has experience with these.
        I know to at least consider shielding effectiveness, material
        compatibility (plastic housing material to coating), and
        end-user environment. What are some other critical criteria?

        Thanks.

        John A. Juhasz
        Product Qualification &
        Compliance Engineer