You could use an array of very short dipoles or small loops and gain in
resolution by giving up efficiency, meaning that the viewer would have to be
near the source.  Although I have no detailed knowledge of it, I expect this
is the principle behind the devices upon which you lay an operating PCB and
the device maps hot spots.  But clearly you will never get optical or IR
viewer resolutions.