  From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Ehler, Kyle
  Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 9:08 AM
  To: 'Doug McKean'; EMC-PSTC Discussion Group
  Subject: RE: TV nostalgia

  Doug has touched on what I think would be a great tool for the
  EMI hunter...but rather than a 'sniffer', a 'goggle' similar
  to what Geordi wears that facilitates the direct viewing of EM radiation.

  Ideally, the device would allow adjustable band 'viewing' of the radiation
  frequency, intensity, polarity and propagation pattern(s).

  A rig like this could add a pc for compliance recognition/cataloging
  and perhaps someday eliminate the need for OATS, TEM cells and other
  investigatinve methods.  The system could also harass on a per sample
  basis in situ mfg. product.

  -kyle, KC0IQE