Dear Ken
Sorry to have taken so long to reply to this.
I haven't been able to read any of the contributions for a week.

I have to say that I don't recognise myself, or the IEE's guide on EMC and
Functional Safety or the 30+ respected and senior engineers who contributed
to it, or the IEE itself, in any way whatsoever in your descriptions below.

Have you read the IEEE's Ethical Policy? (That's the IEEE not the IEE).

What do you think of it?

Regards, Keith Armstrong
PS: I will not be able to reply to postings in this thread for about another
week.