Dear Ken
That is exactly what I am saying:  under the EU's Product Liability Directive
a company can be held liable for unlimited damages with no proof of
negligence on the manufacturer's part.

It is of course a valid management decision to ignore a market that is almost
as large as USA/Canada because of financial risk issues – but you'll notice
that a lot of manufacturers are still making lots of money selling goods in
the EU.

Regards, Keith Armstrong