The general impression in Europe is that the 'culture of blame' began in the
USA, leading to such warning messages as "Do not use this appliance to dry
pet animals" on microwave ovens. It often seems that legal trends begin in
the States and take about 10 years to get over to Europe.

It seems a pity that the liability laws have got themselves into this state,
but it was not my doing anyway and maybe some manufacturers did need to
improve their attitude towards the safety of their customers (I'm thinking
here of exploding Ford Pintos and similar products) so maybe it is not all
bad news.

Regards, Keith Armstrong