>From a vantage point several thousand feet above the local power lines, a
25ms burst once/hour would be no big deal, but if there are lots of 25ms
bursts/hour in a given area, this could be a problem!

Mike Hopkins
Thermo KeyTek
(pilot of small airplane who does not want the ADF needle going around in
circles -- especially when in use by pilot trying to figure out which way's
home)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Javor [mailto:ken.ja...@emccompliance.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 4:53 PM
To: am...@westin-emission.no; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: Company close down due to EMC phenomena

A technical response from an American.  I sympathize with the viewpoint that
the duty cycle is very low and the on-time is very low and the potential for
mischief is near nil.  I would add a further argument.  55022 CE limits
protect AM radio reception.  In the USA there is no AM broadcast below 530
kHz.  In the EU there is some LW broadcasting from I believe 150 - 300 kHz,
and then MW picks up again at 530 kHz.  So the potential for rfi is limited.
That "officials" would even consider banning such a product is an argument
against anyone having such power.