A technical response from an American.  I sympathize with the viewpoint that
the duty cycle is very low and the on-time is very low and the potential for
mischief is near nil.  I would add a further argument.  55022 CE limits
protect AM radio reception.  In the USA there is no AM broadcast below 530
kHz.  In the EU there is some LW broadcasting from I believe 150 - 300 kHz,
and then MW picks up again at 530 kHz.  So the potential for rfi is limited.
That "officials" would even consider banning such a product is an argument
against anyone having such power.