I don't believe shielding is in order, but you are allowed to "hide" the
excess cable length above 2 meters by laying it directly on the ground plane
and behind the test set-up.  But even this is really only justified if the 2
meter length is aircraft installation length.  One thing you can do is be
certain the cable is no closer than 10 cm from the edge of the ground plane,
because radiation efficiency depends on how close the cable is to the ground
plane edge, as PCB designers know.  What I am about to say is not in keeping
with the spirit of the test, but if you have multiple cables, and some are
benign and some are hot, you could put he benign ones closest to the edge,
and the hottest ones farthest away (the spec says 2 cm separation between
adjacent bundles).  I have always worked for airframers or the Customer, so
it has never been in my organization's interest to do such a thing, but I
have seen some pretty complex test set-ups over the years.

--

Ken Javor
EMC Compliance