I'm measuring RE02 according Mil Std 461C.
the Standard says that 'signal cables' have to be at least 2meters long lay
and on the table.
My cables are twisted pairs and not allowed to be shielded. Around 30MHz I
get hugh outages.
The total cable length is 3 meters (this length is only chosen to reach the
wallplate).
When I shield off the last meter from wallplate towards the table with
Alumium foil, the outages decrease drastically and my equipement is 'almost'
passing the test. (around 20MHz - 30MHz outages have to stay below 20
dbuV/m!!!)
My question: Is this a legal trick to pass RE measurements?
and if so: Is it also allowed to actually connect this artificial shield to
the table (gives best result) or should it just stop there and not touch the
table?
I remember an official testhouse doing this trick to let pass a unit but the
standard doesn't mention about this of course...! so I wonder if it is
legal?

It seems like there are standing waves on my cable cause a shorter (1meter)
cable does not give problems neither does a 3m 'overall shielded' cable.
It gives me a headacke trying to filter out these outages on the
interconnection board of the unit and I'm almost at the end of my ideas of
how to fix this. . I tried lots of filtering and Y capacitors to chassisGND
gives best results but not good enough..
Any tips are welcome to solve this problem.

Dries Vanduffel
Avionics Design Technician

        BARCO View
        Th. Sevenslaan 106,
        B-8500 Kortrijk,
        BELGIUM

Tel.                  +32(0)56 / 23 3008
Fax.                  +32(0)56 / 23 35 88

Email:                  dries.vanduf...@barco.com

- - - - - - - - DISCLAIMER - - - - - - - -
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is
privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or
attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the
company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this
information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message. Thank you.