Grace,

I agree that trying a demonstrator before you buy is the best approach.

One thing that you want to take into consideration besides the compression
points that Bob mentioned is the harmonic / distortion requirements mentioned
in section 6 of 61000-4-3.

The 2006 version of IEC 61000-4-3 is a bit different than the current version
of EN 61000-4-3.

IEC 61000-4-3:2006 [expected to be published as EN this year] requires that
harmonics in the uniform field area field be at least 6 dB below the
fundamental. There is a lot of good info in Annex D about how to accomplish /
measure this.

The current EN 61000-4-3 requires that the amplifier not produce harmonics >
15 dB below carrier.

Whichever amp you choose, make sure that you take these considerations into
account as well.

Good luck!

Mac Elliott

  _____