From: Ken Javor <ken.ja...@emccompliance.com>
To: EMC-PSTC <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Sent: Tue, Aug 30, 2011 10:25 am
Subject: Re: EMI Receiver - Recommendations?

No experience with it, but wondering if anyone else out there has used the
Amplifier Research CER2018A.  This is a receiver that was under development by
a company that AR bought a few years back.  AR’s description says the following:

“The CER2018A offers continuous coverage from 20 Hz to 18 GHz with
expandability to 40 GHz and it also exceeds CISPR 16-1-1 Ed 2.0 October 2007.
It combines state-of-the-art sensitivity, dynamic range, accuracy, and easy
operation in a CISPR-compliant instrument. To ensure the highest accuracy,
self-calibration is selectable at every frequency scan. It’s a complete EMI
test solution with test formats such as CISPR 16-1-1, MIL-STD 461/462, ANSI C63
and FCC programmed in upon request.

The receiver includes a built-in computer that operates under Windows XP.
Software is also included along with a 19” flat screen monitor, keyboard and
mouse. offers continuous coverage from 20 Hz to 18 GHz with expandability to 40
GHz and it also exceeds CISPR 16-1-1 Ed 2.0 October 2007. It combines
state-of-the-art sensitivity, dynamic range, accuracy, and easy operation in a
CISPR-compliant instrument. To ensure the highest accuracy, self-calibration is
selectable at every frequency scan. It’s a complete EMI test solution with test
formats such as CISPR 16-1-1, MIL-STD 461/462, ANSI C63 and FCC programmed in
upon request.

The receiver includes a built-in computer that operates under Windows XP.
Software is also included along with a 19” flat screen monitor, keyboard and
mouse.”

I witness a lot of EMI testing, and have never seen this receiver in use. I
realize that is hardly an endorsement, but that isn’t the purpose here. The
purpose is to flag another possible receiver, and see if anyone has used it.

Ken Javor

Phone: (256) 650-5261