Hi Richard,

Apart from the insulation damage, we have to consider the electronic
circuitry damage during hi-pot test.  With good design taking care the
impact of hi-pot test, the damage can be negligible but some electronic
designers may not be familiar with hi-pot test impact and result in
potential damage or degrading of the circuitry.

Some end product manufacturers do not do any safety test in production and
take the excuse that the power supply manufacturer has done it in their
production.  For example, pc manufactures. If the transportation and
handling are perfect, their excuse may be right.  In reality, those stages
are difficult to guarantee the perfection.

Regards,

Scott

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>