When I was hosting the FUS, I had a rule that
inspection would not interrupt or disrupt
production.  I insisted that the inspector
identify the products to be inspected, the
construction, and the components before we went to
the factory floor.  If the product was not in
production that day, then it could not be
inspected.  I determined when it would be in
production, and the inspector could return on that
date.  (Never happened.)  I refused to pay for a
non-inspection.

I set a goal of zero variances from an inspection.
I did my own inspection in advance of when the
unannounced inspection would take place.
(Inspections at that time were quarterly; I could
anticipate a window in which the inspection would
occur.)  I found and corrected either the
construction or the report.  The certification
house couldn't believe we could go so long -- two
years -- without a variance, so they sent managers
to oversee the inspections.  Zero variances.

Rich

thing
> looked at -> just generic, vague stuff about
fees.

> Methinks the days of having multiple agency
marks on
> our stuff are ending. The remaining agency
mark(s) will
> be those whose services actually add value to my
> employer's products. The compliance engineering
> community should push back. No longer view many
> compliance agencies as being part of a
sustainable and
> rational economic model.
>
> Brian

are
> charging
> > twice for same audit. For example - same
> equipment
> > category, same file reference, but getting
> charged
> > factory FUS audit fees for both audit of
> products in
> > production and 'Production Ready'. Previously,
> was
> > charged for PR audit only when nothing from
that
> > file/volume in production. When asked, these
> NRTLs
> > either ignore the question, or kindly inform
us
> to go
> > somewhere else.
> >
> > Anyone else able to successfully push back
these

--------------
> This message is from the IEEE Product Safety
> Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list. To
post a
> message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-
> p...@ieee.org>
>
> All emc-pstc postings are archived and
searchable on
> the web at:
> http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html
>
> Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES
> Online Communities site at http://product-
> compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics
(in

http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html
http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html