I also agree in large part with Ted and Rich. There are periods during the
development cycle where stakeholder input is sought. This is a time, usually at
the end of the CD and DIS stages, where the National Committees are expected to
consult with their stakeholder groups, and then assess and compile the results
of those reviews for submission as part of the voting process.

There can be significant differences between the CD or DIS versions of a
standard and the FDIS version due to these comments, but once a standard
reaches FDIS, there is little opportunity for change until the next edition is
published as only editorial changes and not technical charges are allowed at
FDIS.

The best way to know about what is coming is to be part of the process.

Doug Nix
d...@ieee.org
+1 (519) 729-5704