When the concept of measurement uncertainty came about, the company I
worked for at the time decided that
irrespective of the technical niceties of statistics if emission exceeded
the spec but was within the stated MU,
then that was still considered a FAIL. The difficulty came when the
emission PASSED but was within the MU.
The company decided that - even if the testhouse would not declare the
pass, the product still shipped.

In other words - life as usual.

Charles Grasso

Dish Technologies