Anders Wallin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> it looks like we will have several different fpga configs(m5i20-step/dir
> m5i20-pwm/dir) for the m5i20 in the future, maybe separate directories
> in cvs should be setup ?

Several EMC developers are planning on getting m5i20 boards in the near
future (we've set up a group buy to get the 5-piece price).  At least a
few of them (myself included) have installed the xilinx development tools
and intend to build some custom FPGA configurations, which like the rest
of EMC2 will be released under the GPL.  That activity should get started
shortly after the first of the year when we get our boards.

When it does, we'll need to work out (probably on the developers list)
how we're going to manage the different configurations, and the HAL
driver(s) for them.  Your input (and Peter's) is most welcome.

Regards,

John Kasunich