Jon Elson wrote:
> richard harris wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I started tuning my new system using halscope and plotting ferror,
>> commanded position, and feedback position.  Things are going well,
>> however I can not decipher the units of the vertical scale.  It shows
>> ferror in m/div this can not be meters.
> it is milli * user units, so if you are set to metric, it
> should be micro-meters, I think, since the user units are
> already mm.

That is right... the units display in halscope only shows the "prefix",
like 'm' for milli, K for kilo, etc.  Halscope doesn't know what the
actual physical units are.  If you are using inches, then 'm' means
milli-inches (0.001"), 'u' means microinches, etc.  If your machine
units are millimeters, then 'm' is microns.

Unlike a real oscilliscope, halscope is looking at floating point
variables, which have a huge range.  A regular scope can be adjusted
from perhaps 1mV per div to 100V per div.  Halscope can go from
pico-units per div to giga-units per div....

Regards,

John Kasunich