On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 06:23:14AM -0700, Mark Pictor wrote:
> Shouldn't this cause an error?!

No.  These are all pins of type "I/O", so it is perfectly legitimate to
connect any number of I/O pins to one signal (even though in this
particular case it is nonsensical).

Likewise, it is perfectly legitimate to use several "net" commands to
connect pins to the same signal.  For instance, it's intended that you
can write in one place:
    net XLimitSwitch <= parport.0.in-11-invert
and in another:
    net XLimitSwitch => axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in

unfortunately, not all mistakes can be flagged as errors.

Jeff