Help !!
I have been struggling to get my Acess DIO-48 board working without much
success. I have been trying to get the ax5214h driver to work with it in
order to use HAL on my Hardinge project. I figured it should be the same,
both use 8255 etc. My opinion is that the config byte is different. if I
open a second terminal, and run IOSH to set the high bit in the config
register ( of the 8255), everything works fine. (a hassel to use in that
manner, but fine for testing ) so
I have looked at the source code and cannot see that bit being set. My
understanding of "C" is very aboriginal.  I do not know how to compile the
code even if I could correct it. What  to do?
Thanks, Dave