Hi,
You may remember my recent posts about my attempts to get a reasonable
speed out of a stepper motor for driving a little lathe spindle. I'm now
a bit confused. I am using a motor of indeterminate voltage (no plate on
it) but which I think is probably about 4.5 - 5 volt and I am driving it
with 12 volts. At this I can get a fair speed out of it but, having read
another post on this list which recommended using the highest voltage
possible with an Allegro driver, which is what I have, I tried upping
the voltage to 24 volts. The motor slowed down and won't go at more than
2/3 the speed at the lower voltage. Anyone know why this is? From all I
have read in the past, I thought more voltage was better..

--
Best wishes,

Ian
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield  UK

"The difference between theory and practice is much smaller in theory than in
practice..."