Please,  I did not in any way mean to be unfair to EMC.  I did not mean it
in that way at all.

EMC is a fantastic program.

What I mean is that by doing the electronic gearing there is no way to
avoid a condition where a stepper motor is operating at a step rate where
resonance is present.  It will happen and there is not anything EMC can do
to prevent it.  Its just a condition of steppers that cannot be avoided.

It's hard to read E-mail and not have the writing be taken in the wrong
way.  Don't take my comments to be bashing EMC in any way.  It has been
everything I have been looking for in CNC control.  I have no issues with
EMC at all.  It's a fantastic package and there has been a ton of work put
into it.

Jim C

             Gene Heskett
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             izon.net>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
             emc-users-bounces         <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
             @lists.sourceforg                                          cc
             e.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Emc-users] Stepper speed
             03/10/2008 09:38
             AM

             Please respond to
             "Enhanced Machine
             Controller (EMC)"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             sourceforge.net>

On Monday 10 March 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Kirk,
>
>Yes, I have used the dampers and they work well.  My motors at home don't
>have the dual shafts.  I made due with some old motors.  Things are
working
>well for me right now without them.  I could run faster if I had them on
>the motors.
>
>Here are work, I have seen the results and it's not pretty.  Steppers do
>have a lot of oscillations during stepping.  There is always a resonant
>speed where torque falls way off.

>With the electronic gearing of EMC,
>there is no way to avoid this condition.

This statement is grossly unfair to emc. This problem will exist for
stepper
motors regardless of the driver software chosen.

--
Cheers, Gene
I'd put my money where my mouth is, but my mouth keeps moving.