On Monday 10 March 2008, Kirk Wallace wrote:
>On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 12:27 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>...snip
>
>> You can see mine at <http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/emc> along with the
>> rest of the old farts messy machineing corner in my wood working shop.
>> That *was* an HF MicroMill at one point in past history, not sure what it
>> should be called now.  The Z axis motor is a 425oz, and I can now exert
>> 150 pounds of push on a drill bit, so I can actually drill decent sized
>> holes in steel with gcode.  The rest of the motors are 262oz motors.
>> xylotex drivers.
>
>I like the design of the CNC mill, I may need to copy some of it.

Be my guest.

>What size and make is the lathe? That's clever how you kept the non-CNC
>look.

Thats a std 7x12, but with bigger chucks, and it still has its cnc motors in a
box sitting on the table saw.  Shoemakers kids yadda yadda. :)  I even have
to replace the top of the compound, I pulled the threads out of the toolpost
hole the other day.  Probably helped along by my trying to get a stiff enough
mount for a boring bar I made, from a 5/8" rod that I milled a slot in the
side of and JB welded a much smaller bar with carbide inserts into it.  Only
about 10" long and I had about 3.5" of it hanging out when I bored that A
motor mount out.  Way the heck and gone too much bar for a lathe that size.

--
Cheers, Gene
JOHN PAUL ELECTED POPE!!

(George and Ringo miffed.)