On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:42:36 -0600 (MDT)
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Cc: Enhanced Machine Controller <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: [Emc-users] 2 boades 5I20 on one computer problem
>
> Hi
> I ask before MESA Electronic about what type of connectors to 5I20 board I
> should use in order to use 2 boards on one computer.
> On mother board PSI connectors so close to each other that it is
> physically impossible to put two boards 5I20 together.
> So Peter said about special type of connectors and I forgot manufacturers
> of those connectors.
> Does any one remember those type connectors that MESA Electronics
> recommended.
> Thanks
> Aram

We use AMP-LATCH 50NOVO receptacle PN 1-1658621-0. This is by no means a
special connector. This fits with some small space (~1/16") to spare in
tightest place with all three cables used. This assumes:

1. Normal .800" PCI-PCI connector spacing

2. Receptacles terminated on flat cable with the correct orientation so that
the cable exits toward the back of the computer and does not have to fold over
the top of the receptacale to exit.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)