Hello, I use to read the list to get more insight on different aspects
related to EMC.
Right now we are facing some problems related to PID tuning.

And when I have read this

> If you have a good analog velocity mode system you can get smooth
> motion at
> slow speeds without a high line count encoder.

I've remembered that apparently (eye is the tester, still no measures)
our "tuned" PID is giving us smooth motion at relative high velocities
(order of 100mm/s), but visible oscillations (0.1mm approx ) at low
velocities (order of 1mm/s).

I wonder if this effect can be related to a low resolution encoder, our
encoders are able to give 10mm/4096 pulse spacial resolution.

Also, we are controlling using torque (intensity), although the drive
can be configured to accept velocity as command.

The motor has a resolver internally, but the driver exports only
quadrature signals ABZ -A-B-Z, that I plug directly to my motenc-100
card.

Can this imply that I can get a more smooth motion using driver
configuration to accept velocity?.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Javier