On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 08:42 +0000, aaron Moore wrote:
> Thanks or very detailed reply. I will try it later today.  One thing...I am
> using steppers, do I need to run the functions for the servo threads?
>
> Thanks again
> Aaron

If you are going to use your parport to drive the step and direction
inputs to your stepper drivers, the parport functions will need to be
added to the faster base thread like in this example:

http://cvs.linuxcnc.org/lxr/source/configs/stepper/standard_pinout.hal

I believe the file below needs to be loaded with the standard_pinout.hal
above:

http://cvs.linuxcnc.org/lxr/source/configs/common/core_stepper.hal

and load functions in the base and servo threads that create the signals
that are connected to your parport HAL pins.

More information on your set up might help.

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC/EMC CNC lathe,