This is where Stepconf can help the someone less versed in the config files
though - you can make multiple machine setups and then go through the .hal
and .ini files and marry the two together to get the results you want
without really having to know the details of the hal and ini files.

I created my benchtop mill setup with stepconf on the motherboard parport,
then when I wanted to add a second port I made another mill configuration
that only had the items I wanted (the limits and other sensors, a few output
controls) and then just took those pin assignments and changed the parport.0
to parport.1 and pasted into my benchtop config file - saved a lot of time
and guessing.  The hardest part was getting the addresses correct for two
ports - I think for my card I have 3 addresses loaded but it only creates 2
ports - I forget where I got that hint from but the card needed 2 addresses
to fully address everything.  When I go home tonight maybe I can remember to
offload a copy of my config file and post the header to give you some help.

Greg Michalski
www.distinctperspectives.com