Idea is ok but Dremel stuff is in no way suitable for the scales that
Ian Wright or us need when cutting watch pinion sizes. The positional
accuracy needed to get a good form to the result is also a problem.
Involute form is easy as a hobbing action and generation is possible
but not for cycloidal form.

On 6/13/08, Kirk Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 09:40 +0100, Ian W. Wright wrote:
>
>  Another thought comes to mind, could wire EDM be used to cut very small
>  gears and pinions?

yes  I have seen .2 module pinions made as examples by Davall gears in the UK
also I know a company in the States using Laser to cut internal gears
for a freefall height meter

Dave Caroline