Documentation on Ohmikron's parallel interface in on separate page
dedicated to PPT1006 . Follow detail links from SDS0707's page

When you mentioned "brushed DC servo system" were you talking about
IMService's DeskCNC ? At the moment it's over my budged. What would be
advantage(s) of it over CNC system using stepper motor for hobby use ?
If I don't plan production runs or any other kind of shop like use for
my system, I think I should be fine with stepper motors.