On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 06:57:42 -0600, you wrote:

>On 11 Aug 2008 at 15:52, Steve Blackmore wrote:
>

>> I downloaded the latest live CD, it booted fine, however on loading
>> EMC sim/lathe it froze the PC, only way out was the reset button.
>
>I just tried the 2.2.6 sim/lathe and it works AFAIK. You might try a dual boot
>install,
>then with the internet connected wait for the update icon to flash and update
>2.2.6... then try the sim/lathe.

I don't want to install at this stage and risk screwing up a working
machine, I've had bad experiences in the past with Linux and don't want
to spend too much time on something that may not be suitable anyway. I
simply wanted to look at the user interface and EMC turning
capabilities.

>> Sim axis works, but that's not what I'm looking for.
>
>What are you looking for?

An alternative CNC lathe solution.

Steve Blackmore