BRIAN GLACKIN wrote:
> For simplicity, can someone show a looping routine to cut out a square 1" X
> 1" path (not worried about tooling offsets) then skip 1/2" on the Y axis and
> repeat.  Once it reaches the end of the Y axis (24" in my case), I want it
> to index down the X axis and reverse on down the Y axis.  I then want to
> repeat this full loop until I exhaust the X axis.
>
> I actually want to cut more than a simple square, but using it should allow
> me to understand the subroutine.

There was a great series of articles in Digital Machinist
<http://www.digitalmachinist.net/> recently called "Along the G-code
Way", by Ed Nisley, that covered this exact topic from start to finish.
  The author even used EMC2 for all the examples, including screen shots
from Axis :-)

I dont know the exact issue numbers, but the search on the website above
should find them for you.

It's the best introductory tutorial I've seen on G-code programming.

If there's a free online tutorial someplace i'd love to see it.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code.