On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 12:38:48AM +0000, Steve Blackmore wrote:
> I found that stepconf doesn't create a lathe style tooltable, and if you
> do try to touch a tool off, it fails with "cannot have an x tool offset
> with orientation 0"

This is a bug.  I entered it on sourceforge.  For now, you can use a
text editor just once to edit the tool table into the lathe format.
(that's currently the only way to enter the tool orientation anyway)
Then you can use tool touch off.

> Axis doesn't seem to remember window resizing?

This is not a bug.  The desktop environment or window manager should do
this, not each individual application.  If your desktop doesn't do what
you want, perhaps the advice in this thread can help you:
    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.user/2385

Jeff