Hi Peter,

I can't see any way of achiving a trip in 20ms. I have the PID
saturation limit hooked to my estop chain but it only trips once the amp
reaches full output (BTW, the hostmot2 example config does not implement
this). If the I term doesn't build up quickly to saturate the output
then the axis can travel a long way.

I just ran some tests and I could easily get my X axis to travel from
near one limit to the other limit by disconnecting the encoder, just
driven by I term. Good job I've got good limits :-)

Interestingly, reducing the I term limit actually makes things worse.
The I term limit doesn't trip an error but it does limit the output.
Therefore you can end up with the output near maximum but not enough to
trip an error.

Les