2009/9/7 H & J Johnson <hjjohn...@sasktel.net>:

>  I've looked at [and used in past design projects] Eagle PD belts and they
> are very impressive..
> however they claim 'nill' belt stretch.. yet I know it does [stretch] from
> past experiance

I assume they mean that once tensioned, it will not "give" and lose
it's tension.

> [although it was VERY
> little, there is no way of knowing how much it will stretch w/ 2700lbs
> pulling and 240" of belt].

Knowing the belt modulus or stiffness it is a very simple calculation.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find that critical number for
that belt type.

Not wanting to re-open a can of worms, but there were some
calculations done a few months ago on this very subject. (is there an
archive?)

This is an interesting twist on the concept
http://www.bell-everman.com/servobelt.html
--
atp