>>This relaxes the joint pressure, air gets in, and
alu does what it normally does when exposed to the oxygen in the air, form an
insulating film with 100% coverage, and a 30-50 volt breakdown in about one
millisecond.  Alu is great, in its place, but inside an electrical box of any
kind its just a damned fire starter with a long fuse timing.
<<

While I agree that copper is much superior to alum. and alum wiring when used
in places like house wiring didn't turn out so well, however alum power cable
is pretty much the standard for service entrances.  Also many panel power
components are made of alum - often with plating to prevent the oxidatation
problems.

It's like everything else, if you do it the right way, no problems, ignore the
rules and they will come back and bite you.

Most alum terminal blocks and even the grounding/neutral bars you can buy at
home depot etc are either tin plated copper or tin plated alum.

The ones I have used before are tin plated copper.   They work great and they
are cheap.

Dave