Peter C. Wallace wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2009, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
>
>> The hm2 driver does not currently support encoder x1 mode.  Look for it
>> later this fall.
>
> unless this is another sematic issue, x1 mode (count on only one edge
> bidirectional counter mode) is supported, its a totally hardware option (the
> driver is not involved)

It's more of a "seb's an idiot" issue.

I now understand that the hm2 driver already supports x1 mode, and has
since Jeff added it a year ago, and that x1 quadrature mode the same as
what the manpage calls "step/dir" mode.

I've updated the hostmot2 manpage (in trunk and 2.3) to clarify this.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
the sky calls to us -- carl sagan