>>> Got myself a industrial pc, pIII 800MHz, will get 512 MB ram or more. It
Is that a VIA video system, too?  If so, it may not be compatible with
real time.  Or, it may work a
lot better if you use a different driver, perhaps a generic VGA driver.
(That may limit
the available resolution choices, however.)  So, you may want to put in
a generic VGA
card and see if that works better.  I have done that on some systems
with Intel i810 chipsets
that have similar problems.  I'm not sure that has totally fixed the
problem, but it did help
on a couple systems.

Jon