Hi Steve

> >Thanks for the hint. Currently getting 6.06 and 7.10
> iso's to burn and test. I did already run a test using 8.04
> alternative installl w/o success so far. So I guess, my
> quest seems to be to find the right ubuntu version prior or
> euqal to 8.04 to start off with.
> >

> You might try going the other way instead - get stock 9.04
> or 9.10, and
> then install some of the experimental EMC2 packages from
> <http://www.linuxcnc.org/experimental>.
>
> They aren't well organized, but if you look in the Karmic
> directory
> there, you'll see kernels and EMC2 packages for 9.10.
>
> Note the word "experimental" in the URL ;)

I tested he following ubuntu versions
6.06 installs OK, remains emc stuff to be added
7.10 installs OK, but fails upgrade to 8.04, so as emc stuff is not avilable
for this version, no go
8.04 fails install
9.10 fails install

I am pretty sure now, that it is a bug hat entered in 8.04. I think it is this
one:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/console-setup/+bug/73955

I am willing to compile a module, do some testing etc. I only need clues as
where or how to start on this.

Alternatively: is there still a 6.06 live cd available (been looking for it in
vain)?

greeets chris

Massenmails.
http://mail.yahoo.com