On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:23:48 -0500
  Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 28 February 2010, Cathrine Hribar wrote:
>>Hi All:
>>
>>I have a problem with my stepper driver board.  The board is made by
>>Stepmaster. Board # SOP-1 ver. 1.2
>>
>>I need steplen, stepspace, dirsetup, and dirhold.
>>
>>Can't get steppers to be reliable faster than Max. Vol. .3
>>
> The first link I found on Google doesn't bode well for making use of the
> device, it will not stand up to the music seems to be the general consensus
> of the postings I read on linuxcnc.  The Xylotex boards have far better
> support and are much more convenient to use as they have their own B.O.B.
>
> I have 2 myself, abide by the rules and my machine can move 25 ipm with a
> 27.5 volt supply.
>
> They are I believe the same allegro chip used on the xylotex boards, but
> xylotex puts heat sinks on them and recommends plenty of air flow for full
> output.  And they Just Work(TM).
>
>>Anyone help?
>>
>>Thanks:
>>
>>Bill

> --
> Cheers, Gene

Hi Gene:

Thanks for the reply....

yes I guess I should have used the Xylotex board, but now I have to work with
what I have within reason.  If I do upgrade I will change to servos as I want
to be sure that what I ask my cnc to do it will do it!!!

I made a index plate for a guy last summer and some of the holes were as much
as .020 off!  Can't buy that.

Bill