On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 11:32 -0700, Cathrine Hribar wrote:
> Hi All:
> I have a problem with my stepper driver board.  The board is made by
> Stepmaster. Board # SOP-1 ver. 1.2
>
> I need steplen, stepspace, dirsetup, and dirhold.
> Can't get steppers to be reliable faster than Max. Vol. .3
>
> Anyone help?
> Thanks:
> Bill

Googleing stepmasternc brought up some interesting links.

This one:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41957

seems to indicate that the Alegro datasheet for the chip on your board
might shed some light on how to use the chip. There is a hint that you
may need a buffered break-out-board on your parallel port end of the
input cable, especially if you have a low voltage parallel port. You may
need to get creative to get this stepper controller/driver working well.
Posting some close up pictures of the board may help.

The board's datasheet:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1754.0;attach=1234

doesn't seem to help much.

--