Mark Wendt (Contractor) wrote:

> Heh, and you're complaining that an x-ray inspection system is one of
> those "can't do at home" kinda thingies...

If you stick your hand past all the guards and manage to not tease the
door sensors, it could mash your hand, that's about the worst it could do.
An X-ray machine could be really dangerous to others, even at a good
distance, if not properly shielded.  I think that makes quite a
difference, especially to federal regulatory agencies.

Of course, I have a modified toaster oven for relowing the solder on
boards, a whole darkroom with laser photoplotter to make master artwork
which I now use to photo-etch solder stencils.  And that's another
thing, ****SOLDER****!  Yikes, having (Gasp) lead-bearing solder in your
home, to hear some people talk you'd think it would turn your house into
a superfund cleanup site.

Jon