On 5/24/2010 4:42 PM, EKCo Inc Don Stanley wrote:
> Hi Dave;
> I am trying to configure a servo lathe using the
> Motenc light interface, loaded with the EMC 2.3 Live Disk.
> With features  CSS, Threading, and Home at the index after
> Limit/Home Switch positioning.
>
> My information so far has been the Integrator Manual
> and examples files. This is a difficult task  with no examples
> of this equipment configuration: and a very important
> "motenc.0.enc-0x-index-enable" pin missing from the
> Integrator Manual.
>
>   I am now informed that there is indeed a
> "motenc.0.enc-0x-index-enable" pin in the hal_motenc.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>      Thanks
>          Don

There is a motenc config example in the 2.4 software, but the motenc hal
component is not in the 2.4 software.  I think they decided to remove
device specific files for devices such as the
Mesa boards and the Vital systems boards.  But they did have the device
specific hal components in the 2.3 software.

Are you working from the motenc example file in version 2.3?    Vital
systems should be able to supply you with a sample config that works
with 2.3 for a servo system, or you should be able to use the config
from version 2.4 with
a few changes.

I'm not familiar with that board set or the motenc driver.  Sorry.

Dave