Steve,
  The xorg.conf file and the description of the changes seem to identical to
what I saw. This is the instruction file Keytec sent me to create the
xorg.conf file. It worked without a hitch. I will use this for other
touchscreens also.

http://www.mpm1.com:8080/machines/touchscreens/magictouch/serial/Generatexorg.conf
for Ubuntu 10.04.pdf

  My problems (after the driver was written by Keytec) are turning out to be
my own creation. I used a Keytec (Magictouch) addon screen. I removed the
plastic frame and installed the bare touchscreen in the monitor. I had the
touchscreen in a small bind and this caused the touchscreen to register
touches all the time (not good). I am machining the frame to remove the
bind. I am believing this will fix my touchscreen.
thanks
Stuart

--
dos centavos