dave wrote:
> Well, he seems to have $$ to burn but doing a reality check with Stuart
> might be helpful. Apparently he has sunk 5 to 10 E 6 into it. Wonder
> what he is smoking?? ;-)
>
> If the Snoqualamie pass isn't too nasty I'll probably go over for the
> open house in Nov. Should be interesting.

We'll be waiting for your report!
> Just qualifying that CMM should be an adventure in itself. Wilson
> Aerospace bought a CMM at Boeing auction; a 50 footer ... got it for
> $100K and spent a cool mil getting it set up and calibrated. They are
> now broke.

Well, if you buy your own interferometer, it really isn't that
expensive.  If you
have to rent one with the tech to run it, it can add up quickly.
Depending on the
level of accuracy they require, it may not require the most advanced
interferometer
to set it up.  At the level this guy is spending, he may well have a
Faro laser tracker.

Jon