Youda He wrote:
> Just curious, what high end controller can do that EMC2 can't? is the
> high end controller more tightly integrated? Faster?

They may have better setup and configuration programs than EMC.  We have
that
now for stepper configurations, but not servo.  Some of these controls
have DSP
processors that can close the servo loop at a higher rate, like tens of
KHz.  I'm not
convinced this is really that important, but some late-model machines
are made
to machine at 100 IPM plus and do rapid feeds at 1000++ IPM.

They usually have a complete package system, with power supply, servo amps,
motors, CNC control, control panel and PLC for auxiliaries, and can pick and
match required components for a particular machine installation.

Jon