On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:46 AM, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/9/29 Dave <e...@dc9.tzo.com>:
>
> > Viesturs,
> >
> That was meant to be a joke.
> But, if seriously, how do those win-based controllers achieve working
> in real-time?

  I don't know about now but when MDSI went to windows only they used a RTOS
from VentureCom. It ran the Windows screen as an application on top of the
RTOS so even when the BSOD occurred you did not lose machine control (MDSI's
explanation).
  I do have a Windows based control in my shop. It is a 2100 control on a
Cincinnati horizontal. You can see the Windows screen during boot. AFAIK
there have been no BSODs. We have had the machine about 2 years. I don't
know if it is the VentureCom RTOS or something else.
Stuart

--
dos centavos