>> Are you driving the motor with trapezoidal or sinusoidal waveforms?
>
> I inherited the motors so I'm not sure, and the manual does not states.

An oscilloscope would tell you, I think.

> The motor has a resolver, and the driver is able to make position
> control, so I though that it uses sinusoidal or vector control.

That would make sense, otherwise you would just use Hall sensors.

> A interesting observation is that the noise in both cases is  different
> when going down and up. I'm having also the same behavior. I think that
> it can be related to friction in th screws, the dry contribution, should
> be bigger when going up, and it can induce nonlinear limit cycles.

It takes no torque to go down with that machine, in fact the motor
pretty much has to hold the head up. So the current is a great deal
lower when moving down.

--
atp
"Torque wrenches are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"