Roland Jollivet wrote:
> Why not use a thread mill?
>
> I was wondering about them, in that instead of taps, one could fashion their
> own mini fly cutter from HSS for thread milling. It will take a lot longer
> to cut the thread, but for hobby CNC milling time is not usually a problem.

For oddball threads, these are great.  I bought a small single-row
threadmill years ago, and did some tests
with it.  It worked great, and produced a perfect thread the first
time.  I have only used it a few times, as
for any production work it is much faster to obtain the right tap and
thread quickly.  But for unusual thread
combinations or one-offs it is great.

Jon